Best De: Hayward Ec40ac Perflex Extended
DE pool filter pumps use a filtration grid coated with Diatomaceous Earth . The advantage when compared to other pool filter pumps is the exceptionally fine filtration offered by DE filtrationit captures particles as small as 2 micronsmuch smaller than the width of a human hair, which is about 50 microns. For a combination of superior filtration and convenient cleaning and maintenance, check out the Hayward EC40AC Perflex Filter System.
Hayward uses a patented Flex-Tube system to help ensure that residual dirt and DE doesnt accumulate in the tube. A handle makes it easy to purge the tubescommonly referred to as “bumping” the DE filter. While not all DE pool filters are bump systems, it helps to reduce the hassle of regular cleaning and maintenance.
This pool filter pump can be messier to clean than a sand filter system, but it requires less frequent attention and offers a stronger return jet and less friction.
Best Choice Products Pro Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump 4500gph
Best Choice Products
Coming to the fifth position in the list of the best sand filter pump for above ground pools, just like its earlier brother, we found this one worth a purchase as well. Best choice does not fail to deliver, and for that reason, it found its way back to our list again. This particular sand filter pump has a filtration rate of 45000gph and is 19 inches in size. What you will notice when you buy it, is that it will stand the test of time, year in year out. Not only that, it will be consistent and wont keep you guessing about your pools hygiene status.Reasons To Buy This:
- The sand filter pump can operate at a maximum water temperature of 105 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It has a horsepower of about 1.0HP
Filter Material In The Pool
Its not uncommon to see some filter material in the pool after backwashing, regardless of what kind of filter you have. But if you start noticing it when you havent just backwashed, you may have a problem.
The first thing to check is the bolts holding the filter in place. If theyre loose, it could allow particles to escape into the pool. If theyre not, look for other causes.
If you have a sand filter, the filter lateral or standpipe may be broken. If it is, youll need to replace it.
If you have a D.E. filter, there could be tear in the fabric of the grid, or even a crack in the grid manifold. Again, if this is the problem, youll need to replace the manifold.
You May Like: Polaris Pool Cleaner Doing Wheelies
Gph 19 Sand Filter W/ 1hp Above Ground Pool Pump
Looking for an effective above ground pool and pump filter system? Then this is the best you will get in the market. Not only is the installation simple and quick, it is also easy to operate.
The sand filter is constructed with an all-round base that can be used with almost any type of pump in the market. With a valve that has 6-positions, and a sand bed with a high volume, you will not have to deal with any kind of debris in your above ground pool.
The tank can accommodate a total volume of 175 pounds of sand, and its usually sold separately. This filter system is best for pools with a maximum of 18K gallons. The filter system is simple to operate and one can change the sand in a matter of a few minutes.
The only downside with this filter system is that the hose clamps that are sold with the unit are weak and often break during the installation process. This means you may have to spend money on extra fittings and adapters to effectively install it.
No matter what brand of above ground pool filter system you choose, make sure that you make your decision based on the filters efficiency, maintenance needs, and your budget.
Bestway 56407 Steel Pro Above Ground 10ft X 30in
as of January 6, 2022 1:29 am
- ENDLESS SUMMER FUN: Kids and adults of all ages can enjoy swimming and splashing in Bestway’s Steel Pro Above Ground Pool. It’s the affordable alternative to a more complicated steel-walled pool, yet it provides durability and stability greater than inflatable pool options.
- SUPERIOR FRAME DESIGN: The pool frames are applied with a rust and corrosion-resistant coating to protect the pool from UV and abrasion damage. A 3-ply PVC support band surrounds the pool for additional stability to the pool wall.
- MADE TO LAST: A durable, yet lightweight PVC material provides structural integrity to your pool. It’s tear-resistant and won’t fade overtime to sun exposure.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: No tools are required to install this above ground pool in your backyard. A flow-controlled drain valve provides a simple solution for emptying the excess water. Get ready to have hot summer fun in minutes!
- NO MORE CHEMICAL FLOATERS: Chemconnect chemical dispenser replaces the need for a traditional floating chemical cleaner giving you more room to swim and have fun! It simply attaches to a valve on the pool wall.
You May Like: Aquabot X4 For Sale
Intex 28633eg Krystal Clear Cartridge Pool Filter
Apart from sand pool filters, there are some other types that work well with above ground pools. The Intex 28633EG is a cartridge pool filter with enough capacity to meet up with the demands of small pools.
It has a turnover of 2,500 gallons per hour thanks to a 0.75HP, double insulated pump. It has an auto timer with presets between 2 and 12 hours.
The device comes with an air release valve to help remove air from the filter chamber. It also features hydro-aeration technology that keeps the water fresh and a long power cable with built-in GFCI.
A flush valve is also position at the bottom of the chamber to help remove sediments. Also, it meets UL/CSA standards.
- It features a flush valve to remove sediments at bottom of the chamber.
- High maintenance.
Xtremepowerus Deluxe Pool Cartridge Filter
This XtremepowerUS Deluxe Pool Cartridge Filter for inground swimming pools and spas has numerous outstanding features for you to consider.
The extra-large cartridge elements with new precision engineered extruded cores will screen out dirty particles down to 10-15 microns in size and leave your pools crystal clear after the filtration process.
The material of the body tank is mainly made of durable glass-reinforced co-polymer. Therefore, this filter can work under high pressure to satisfy demands of the toughest application and environmental condition.
Moreover, the single locking knob will effectively tighten the connections between the filter head and tank, mitigate any chances of bolts or clamps.
- The color is very stylish
- Regular maintenance is required
Read Also: Cleaning Concrete Pool
Buying Guide For Best Pool Sand Filters
A pool sand filter is a popular choice for both home and commercial swimming pool owners. These filters are generally cheaper than cartridge-based alternatives and have lower overall maintenance costs.
While there are lots of good reasons to install a pool sand filter, its worth looking at the other options and their relative pros and cons, too. If you decide to purchase a pool sand filter, there are a number of technical aspects to consider. Each is important in ensuring you get the right level of performance and top value for your money.
Helping you get the information you need is exactly why BestReviews was created. Weve been looking at the specifications of all the latest pool sand filters so we can give you a straightforward but comprehensive buying guide. If youre ready to buy, one of our recommended models might well be what youre looking for.
Blue Wave Sand Pool Filter
If you need a replacement for your filter, this is a good product to consider. With a 1.5HP, the 22-inch pool filter can squeeze out 3,000 gallons of water in an hour, making it ideal for medium-sized pools.
Even under high internal pressure and weather elements, the polyethylene housing stays sturdy and corrosion-free. The base is sturdy and keeps the system stable.
The multiport valve is top-mounted and offers six functions which also includes backwashing. It also comes with a pressure gauge, connectors, hoses, and fittings. Its operation is quiet and energy-efficient.
The device is safe to use and it is even UL-listed. However, it gulps a massive amount of sand for effective filtering.
- Not for sale in California.
- Needs 220 pounds of sand.
Recommended Reading: What Size Of Heater Do I Need For My Pool
Hayward Pro Series S210t93s 21
We also examined this Hayward Pro Series sand filter. Having used it before, I just had to suggest it to my friend. Hayward brings you a sand filter pump system that is designed to be assembled quickly and lets all the components align precisely as they are required to. My neighbor is the one who recommended this particular sand filter pump mainly because he had noted that it was very energy efficient. The reason behind it was because Haywards performance matches all their pumps and filters for that specific purpose. Go ahead and try it out, you will definitely be thanking me later.Reasons To Buy This:
- In case theres a low-pressure drop, it has a 7 position Variflo valve that will still provide maximum flow.
- The sand filter bases last for long periods of time.
Pooline 120sf Pool Cartridge Filter
It would be a mistake if this high-quality Pooline 120sp Cartridge Filter did not appear on my reviews. This filter features super-strong water flow rates and allows for extremely crystal clear water.
The filter tank is extremely durable, thanks to its rugged polymer plastic material. Maintenance is no problem at all. This filter cartridge is easy to clean, replace and also requires minimum maintenance.
- Pressure gauge and air relief valve available
- Weather-resistant and corrosion proof polymer plastic material
- Frequent maintenance is not needed and very easy
- Need to order in couples for the sake of compatible problems
Read Also: Open Pools In San Antonio
How Do You Vacuum A Pool With A Sand Filter
When vacuuming your pool with a sand filter, the choice of settings generally depend on the amount of dirt in the pool. Routine levels of dirt in a typical residential pool can usually be vacuumed with the multiport valve turned to the Filter setting. The Filter Setting directs the vacuumed water into the filter then back to the pool through the return lines.
For A Full Video Tutorial on How To Vacuum A Pool With A Sand Filter, watch this helpful video from the team at Bobs Pool Service-
Pentair Plm Series Filters
This is also a very good cartridge pool filter. It shares the same filter housing as the DE PLD version and that is the one thing I dont like about it. This filter housing requires extra steps to reduce the coupler size to accommodate plumbing the system. I overlook it with the PLD DE version because the filter is best in class, but with the Spla and Hayward XStream I dont see the need for the extra work.
Still a great option if you can pick it up cheap and do not mind the extra plumbing work that comes with it.
Don’t Miss: Aria Hotel Pool
Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump For Above Ground Pools 16
This is one of the best sand filters on the market, with a very fair price point. It comes with everything you need for easy installation and is lightweight, weighing less than 5 pounds.
It is remarkably easy to use, with six settings and a timer that has pre-set 12 or 24-hour cycles so you can set it and forget it! This brand is well-known within the pool industry and comes with a great reputation.
This pool pump and filter conforms to the UL/CSA industry standards. It has a great flow rate of 1,050 GPH and is easy to clean.
The pool pump motor has had mixed reviews. Users love how quiet it is, but some have noted that it only lasts for a couple of seasons.
One small note is that it does not come with the filter media . You will have to buy that separately.
Determine Your Desired Turnover Time
The time it takes for all the water in your pool to move through your filter is what we call the pools turnover time. Pools that get used more often will want a faster turnover time. A seven- or eight-hour turnover time is usually good for a heavily used pool, while ten to twelve hours is enough for light use.
Read Also: How To Use Metal Free In Pool
Cleaning A Sand Filter
Sand filters have a push/pull or multiple position valve for cleaning debris. When you change the position of this valve, for whatever reason, your pump must be off or you will damage your pump. Once the pump is off:
- Make sure valves on the discharge line are open and the discharge hose is attached and positioned for where you want your water to run
- Move the pump lever to the backwash position and turn on the pump
- Once the water runs clear, turn off the pump
- Reposition the valve back to its normal position
- Top up your pools water if necessary
Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter For Above Ground Pools
Intex is a popular name in the backyard swimming pool niche, making pools and pool accessories like replacement liners, pool toys, and much more.
Sand filters are awesome because they are ruthless with attacking algae spores and dirt. With a built-in timer, the soft sand filters, backwashes, and recirculates the water at a rate of over 2,000 gallons per hour. A strainer basket is included that helps to extend the life of the sand, which Intex says only needs to be changed once every five years.
The Intex Krystal Clear Pool Filter is designed for above ground swimming pools that are between 16 and 24.
You May Like: Pool Tile Grout Cleaner
Rx Clear Radiant Sand Pool Filter
The Rx pool filter is indeed your prescription for crystal clear water. The powerful pool filter is powered by a 1.5HP motor pump and will deliver up to 3,000 gallons of clean water in an hour.
The one-piece blow-molded housing is tough and corrosion resistant and sits on a reliable universal base. It makes use of a 300-pound sand filter media to achieve its filtration process.
The system offers six functions via its 6-way top-mounted valve which includes backwashing to aid maintenance sessions. The device is easy to install, even easier with its comprehensive buying guide.
Asides its quiet operation, it comes with a pressure gauge, sight glass, and a drain port. The product comes with a three-year warranty to cover for any defects.
- It requires 300 pounds of sand.
- Filter media and hoses are sold separately.
- Not for sale in Florida and California.
Best Budget Option For Inground Pools: Blue Works
- Price : $679 to $969
- Average customer review: 4.3 stars
- Treatment capacity: 15,000 to 40,000 gallons
- Maximum chlorine production: not reported
- Treatment cycle: set by user
- Plumbing / pumps required: connect to existing filter system
- Salt cell lifespan: 2 years
- Replacement salt cell cost: $259 to $419
Great products always attract knockoffs, and BLUE WORKS makes no effort to hide the fact that its a functional clone of the Hayward Aqua Rite system, down to the same three volume options . BLUE WORKS boasts compatibility with other Hayward salt chlorinators, too, and you can even use a BLUE WORKS salt cell in place of a Hayward-branded cell in many Hayward salt chlorine generators.
Hundreds of reviewers have praised BLUE WORKS saltwater systems for providing the same pool sanitization solutions at a significant discount to Hayward models. BLUE WORKS doesnt provide data on its chlorine output, but if its truly a Hayward clone, the BLUE WORKS models are likely to have the same output as identical Hayward systems. Its warranty also lasts twice as long as Haywards, which makes BLUE WORKS even more attractive as a budget option.
Don’t Miss: Does Pool Chlorine Kill Lice
Hayward Xstream Cc1000 Pool Cartridge Filter
This Hayward XStream CC1000 Pool Cartridge Filter is the must-have item for above ground pools of any sizes. Thanks to its massive filter body, the filtering capacity to remove dirt, debris increases, along with the efficient filtering cycles.
Another plus point is its glass-reinforced durable filter tank, which will provide this filter many years of trouble-free filtration. This filter is also designed to suit both flexible and rigid plumbing.
- Not suitable for commercial pools
How To Add New De To The Filter
After youve cleaned your filter, rather than adding D.E. powder directly to the grids, youll get much better coverage if you add it through the pools skimmer.
- Mix the D.E with enough water to make a slurry, which will look like a thin, creamy solution.
- Make sure the pool pump is running.
- Slowly pour the solution directly into the skimmer.
As the D.E. passes through the filter, it will evenly distribute over the grids. Youll need to wait a while before swimming to give the mixture time to fully integrate with the filter, so you may want to do this in the evening, and then run your pump overnight.
Also Check: Build You Own Swimming Pool
Game Sandpro 75d Sand Filter Pump
BEST ALL ROUND FILTER PUMP RANGE
The Brilliant GAME SandPRO 75D Above Ground Pool Filter Pump
- POOL CAPACITY: Specifically designed as an upgrade to Intex or Bestway above ground pool pumps. This GAME SandPro is on of the best above ground pool sand filter pumps rated up to 15,000 gallons but there are two smaller pumps in the range.
- PUMP SIZE: The highlighted model is fitted with a 0.75 HP pump with an advertised flow rate of 52 GPM. Its a real winning pump this one, ultra quiet and energy efficient.
- SAND FILTER FEATURES: An ample 1.16 square foot reservoir holds 75 lbs of filtering sand. Its a flange clamp design with a conventional 4 position top mounted multi valve. The settings are filter, backwash, rinse, and winterise. An easy to view pressure gauge is located on the water management valve. Theres also a tank drain plug, handy for occasional maintenance.
- PUMP FEATURES: Built with corrosion proof moulded thermoplastic bolted down onto a universal base plate.
- EASY INSTALLATION: The GAME sand filter system can connect to pools with standard 1¼ or 1½ inch diameter hose connectors. Theres also 2¼ inch hose adapters for INTEX pools bundled in the purchase.
- RANGE OPTIONS:Two smaller capacity pumps are also available matched to either 8,000 or 10,000 gallon pools.
- WARRANTY: 1 Year from the date of purchase
What Owners Like
What Owners Dont Like So Much