Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid Robotic Pool Cleaner
This automatic product is the public choice vacuum cleaner of all times. This unpretentious machine does not promise any fancy features and is honest to its users. It comes with some magnificent and extremely efficient basic features that actually change your way of pool cleaning.
Moreover, it is completely automatic, all you have to do is to push a button and this magical cleaner will be at your service. Despite being totally automatic, it is lightweight and built from plastic. The material ensures long durability and most importantly this insane machine demands for the lowest maintenance and least supervision.
How Much Will Hiring Someone To Clean My Pool Cost
You may want to have someone clean the pool manually at the start of each season. You can expect to pay at least $70100 for this service, though it’ll depend on the amount of servicing your pool requires. This will generally include a number of other services aside from cleaning.
Check with your SPASA registered local pool cleaner for details about the services they deliver.
Reasons To Ditch Your Pressure/suction Side Pool Cleaner And Upgrade To A Robotic Pool Cleaner
NOTE: This page contains Amazon.com affiliate links that may compensate the owner of this site when you buy a recommended product – but they do not impact the price you pay. Learn More.
If youve already made the move from manually scrubbing and vacuuming your pool to using a suction or pressure side pool cleaner, thats great. These automatic cleaners save time and generally clean better.
But you could save even more time and money and get a cleaner pool by upgrading to a robotic pool cleaner.
Unlike a suction or pressure side pool cleaner, a robotic cleaner is self-contained hence doesnt need to be connected to your pools suction or pressure line. You dont even need to run your pool pump to use it.
A robotic pool cleaner is fitted with brushes and a suction system to scrub dirt and debris off your pool floor and collect it in an integrated filter bag or cartridge.
The only major downside with getting a robot vacuum for pool cleaning is the extra cost. Robotic cleaners are more expensive than suction/pressure side cleaners .
Heres what makes the extra money spent on a robotic pool cleaner worth it.
Read Also: How Much Does An Endless Pool Cost
Saves You Time & Money
There are a few reasons why using a pool cleaner saves you money.
First, you dont have to hire someone to clean your pool. And if you did the work yourself, it would cost you tons of valuable time.
Also, if you use your cleaner regularly, youll cut down on the major things that can cause you headaches with a pool, such as algae and other bacteria.
This means lower cost on chemicals, too.
If You Want The Best Money Can Buy Opt For A Robotic Pool Vacuum
As we mentioned in the previous section, the more work a pool cleaner can do on its own, the less work for you. That obviously sounds ideal, but extreme convenience also comes with a hefty price tag.
Robotic pool vacuums come equipped with all the bells and whistles: generally speaking, they can go much deeper than your average pool cleaner, have a longer lifespan, more powerful suction, and essentially function independently, meaning you can go about your day without worrying whether or not the pool has been properly cleaned. Pool ownership can often be tedious and burdensome, so having the convenience of a pool cleaning robot can go a long way.
Want the best robotic pool vacuum? The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is what pool cleaning dreams are made of. Essentially independent, you can program this robot to a weekly schedule, and youre all set. Its not completely hands-off, thoughyou still need to take it out of the pool regularly, if not daily, to empty it and clean out the filters. Also, it weighs 19 pounds, which is quite heavy, and has a 60 foot cable, so its not cordless.
Connect The Vacuum Hose
Attach one end of the hose to the vacuum head and attach the other end to your skimmer using the vacuum plate. .
Pro tip: Before you connect the pool vacuum hose to the skimmer, youll need to blow the air out of it. The easiest way to do this is to hold the hose up against one of your pools jets until you no longer see air bubbles coming from the hose.
Can Vacuuming Remove Algae From A Swimming Pool
Algae can be tough to remove, especially once its found a home in your swimming pools corners and crevices. While vacuuming alone probably cant remove all of the algae in your pool, it does help with algae prevention: By promptly removing debris like leaves and other organic matter, youre keeping your pool water clean and discouraging algae growth.
Read Also: How Much Does Pool Equipment Cost
What Is The Best Vacuum For Inground Pool
Reviews of the Best Automatic Pool Cleaners
- Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Pool Cleaner.
- Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner.
- Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner.
- Hayward AquaNaut Suction Pool Vacuum.
- Hayward TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum.
- Hayward Poolvergnuegen Suction Pool Vacuum.
Pressure Side Cleaner Pros
- All cleaners should be taken out of the pool when shocking, as well as periodically to rinse off chemical water. The reality is that no one takes these steps and generally leave them in the pool 24/7 to run their daily schedules. This means you arent messing with the cleaner very often, other than to empty debris out of the bag.
- Pressure side cleaner parts are usually less expensive when it comes to repairs. If you take care of your cleaner and get things repaired when needed the upkeep is fairly inexpensive. If you let problems go unattended it will generally lead to more problems and costly repairs.
- Parts are widely available.
- Some manufacturers offer large rebates and extended warranties.
- Cost of a pressure side cleaner is usually less expensive than a robotic cleaner. .
Read Also: Can Chlorine Kill Lice
Manual Pool Vacuum Cleaners
Automatic cleaners can be indispensable in the continued maintenance of a pool, but some clean upsrequire a more hands-on approach. If a thunder storm or sand storm tosses an excessive amount of debrisin your pool, or you are attempting to remove an algae problem, a manual pool vacuum is a necessity.
Manual pool vacuums typically consist of a vacuum head, a vacuum hose, and a telescoping pole. The hoseis connected to the vacuum head at one end and the water intake nozzle on your pool skimmer at theother. With the vacuum head submerged and against the pool surface, once the hose fills with water, itcreates suction that will hold the vacuum head tight against the pool floor or walls.
When researching options for various poolcleaner models and brands, remember that it is always advisable to rely on the knowledge of alocal pool professional your pool builder or a local pool retailer. They can provide invaluableperspective on the unique needs of your region and your pool.
Mystery Decoded: How To Vacuum Intex Pool With Ease
Maintenance of your Intex pool can become extremely challenging due to the lack of proper knowledge about the process. Thus we have researched enough and came out with the effective step by step guide to making the vacuum process easier than ever.
- Step 1: Before starting the cleaning process, you must turn off the heater. As the manual vacuum restricts water flow thus heater must be turned off.
- Step 2: Now, choose the vacuum cleaner appropriate according to your pools size, shape. Also, consider the type of debris you want to remove and what kind of cleaning you are desiring. There are basically three types of vacuums and they are:
- Step 3: Before operating clean the large debris manually. This will increase the lifespan of your vacuum cleaner.
- Step 4: Take out the pool vacuum and attach the telescopic pole to its head.
- Step 5: Once you attached the head and hose to the poles, put the head not the water. Let the head be there until it stops bubbling and then connects the hose and the skimmer.
- Step 6: Now operate the vacuum. If needed, you would adjust valves and other attachments.
- Step 7: Once cleaning is done, first disconnect the hose and the pole. Now remove the vacuum cleaner and store it properly.
Don’t Miss: How Much Pool Salt Do I Need
What To Consider When Buying A Pool Vacuum
There are several styles of pool vacuums available today, including manual, automatic, and robotic models. If you have a small pool, you might not mind pushing a manual vacuum around a few times a week, but those who want hands-off cleaning might prefer an automatic or robotic vacuum. Just keep in mind that the more moving parts a pool vacuum has, the more maintenance it will need, and the greater the chances of it breaking down.
Other important factors to consider when buying a pool vacuum include the type of debris youre cleaning, as well as whether youre able to easily hook the tool up to your pools pump and/or filtration system. Some vacuums perform better with large debris like leaves, while others capture fine particles of dirt. Further, many pool vacuums rely on your pools pump and/or filter for suction, but there are certain models that are powered by batteries or have built-in filter systems that make vacuuming a less cumbersome process.
Hayward Wanda The Whale
Do you have an above-ground pool? Haywards Wanda the Whale is an excellent automatic suction pool cleaner for above-ground swimming pools from Intex and other manufacturers. It has a contoured head and a unique gearing system designed to continuously balance water flow as it cleans. This means quiet operation and gentle movement across all surfaces.
Also, Wanda the Whale works with your existing pool filter, and it can be installed in under ten minutes without the need for any tools. Best of all, this above-ground pool vacuum acts as a moving drain, which improves your pool water circulation. As a result, you wont need as many chemical sanitizers to balance your water chemistry.
Also Check: Should You Seal Concrete Pool Deck
Pressure Side Pool Cleaners
As the name suggests, pressure side automatic pool cleaners use pressure side water flow from the pool’s return line. This pressurized water propels the cleaner throughout the pool, and pushes debris into an attached filter bag. Essentially, the water returned back into your pool is what fuels the cleaner.
Unlike suction cleaners, pressure cleaners dont use your pools filtration system to filter out dirt and debris. Instead, they use a filtration bag to collect the debris. This relieves pressure and wear on your filtration system and helps prolong the life of your pool equipment. It’s one of the more practical options for filtering out leaves and other large debris, as compared to suction or robotic cleaners. And if your pool is heated, pressure cleaners help circulate the pool and distribute the heat.
- Pump must be operating for cleaner to work
- Most models require an extra booster pump
- Increased operating costs if both pumps are required
- Must empty filtration bag when full
SAFETY TIP: For safety purposes, always remove your automatic pool cleaner from the pool before swimming. Long cords and hoses can be hazardous as the cleaner moves around the pool.
Benefits Of Using A Pool Cleaner
As a pool owner, theres almost no getting around owning a pool cleaner. That is, if you want a life outside the water.
Cleaning the pool surface can be exhausting, time-consuming, and just plain messy.
And if you hoped your pool would bring you relaxation, fun, and satisfaction, why would you want to spend your entire weekend cleaning it?
But aside from that, there are a few other awesome benefits you might never have thought of.
Read Also: Can Vdara Use Aria Pool
Fixed Length Pool Vacuum Hoses
These come in various lengths from 18 feet all the way up to 100 feet. They are the most commonly used type of vacuum hose.
You just need to work out the minimum length hose you need and buy the one that is that length or a bit longer if none the actual size you need are available.
One of the most popular vacuum hoses is the Poolmaster series. They come in lengths from 30 feet up to 50 feet in increments of 5 feet.
They are available in various pool vacuum hose sizes on Amazon Poolmaster 33430 Heavy Duty In-Ground Pool Vacuum Hose With Swivel Cuff
How To Find The Best Suction
First off, your pool pump should be able to consistently produce 25 GPM at minimum. Some suction cleaners will list the minimum pump GPM while others dont. Weve listed it in our reviews when we could find it.
When in doubt, you can always reach out to a pool supply store rep or call the manufacturer directly to see if your pool pump is compatible. If they cant tell you, then thats probably a good hint to skip that brand.
Beyond pump power, there are other important things to consider.
Read Also: Does Costco Sell Pool Chlorine
Pool Cleaner Maintenance Tips
If you want your pool cleaner to last as long as possible, its important to take care of it the right way. They dont require a lot of maintenance, but it is important to use and store them correctly. Most require very little cleaning, but if they have their own filters and debris bags, youll want to keep them cleaned out and rinsed well.
The bag needs to be emptied every time its full to keep it from losing suction and burning out the motor. But if it has a filter, it can probably be rinsed with a hose just every so often or when it looks dirty.Unless you have a robotic cleaner that is meant to live in your pool, take it out after every use. Rinse the unit off with a hose once in a while to clean off excess chemicals and store it in a dry place. Drain the hoses after use and coil them loosely to store with the pool cleaner. Its also a good idea to hang them on a wall rather than laying them on the floor to keep them clean and dry.
Advantages Of Owning A Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Time and energy saver. A robot pool vacuum doesnt need your pool pump and filtration to run. Hence, it can help decrease your monthly energy bills over time. Youll also cut down on your pool cleaning time since these devices are made to work in a quick and timely manner.
- Versatile and efficient. These pool cleaners can handle almost all sorts of surfaces and debris. They are built with advanced and revolutionary features like built-in filters and scanning ability, allowing them to operate independently for the best possible results.
- Low maintenance. Comfort and convenience are what make these devices attractive to pool owners. You only need to empty and clean its filter bin of filth. After rinsing, its ready for another cleaning session.
- Environmentally friendly and safe. This is another excellent feature of the robotic pool vacuums. Since these machines dont emit harmful chemicals, youll have peace of mind knowing that your pool water is healthy for the environment and safe for the entire family to enjoy.
You May Like: How To Take Care Of Salt Pool
What Is The Best Manual Pool Vacuum
When it comes to manual vacuums, we couldnt pick just one because different vacuums are ranked better or worse based on price, suction power, and user-friendliness. Therefore, we listed some between the low to high price range.
- Cheap, doesnt require an electrical outlet
- Unique vacuum head design ensures thorough and full-force suction
- Adjustable wheels allow for variable suction force
- Includes 1-1/2 vacuum hose swivel connection
- Minimal installation
- Lithium powered, and extremely rapid recharge
- Usable at any water depth greater than 9
- 45-minute continuous use
- Lithium powered, rechargeable battery with no memory effect
- Can be handheld or attached to telescoping pole
- 1.5L, transparent debris container allows user to see debris accumulation
- Versatile vacuum head allows for multi-directional movement
- Underside brushes sweep up small and large debris
Come Let Me Take You On A Party Ride Ill Teach You The Electric Slide
Electric pool vacuums are well-suited for larger above-ground pools, as well as long-term installations, as they offer predictable and consistent results thanks to features including active scrubbing and timed cleanings that are unavailable in purely water-powered designs. Although electric models usually cost more than suction-powered designs, their deep feature sets and the enhanced level of control they provide may be ideal for you depending on your needs and routine.
When selecting the best electric pool vacuum for your above-ground pool, consider a model that offers a smart navigation feature to deliver active pool cleaning for the sake of efficiency. This feature utilizes onboard scanners to plot the best route for your electric pool cleaner and automatically detect walls and obstacles. Unlike water-powered cleaners, electric pool cleaners with this feature wont amble at random, which translates to a shorter cleaning duration overall.
Many electric pool vacuums also have the ability to actively climb and scrub the walls of your above-ground pool, resulting in a depth and level of cleaning unparalleled by non-electric models. Because walls are no less susceptible to harboring the growth of algae and other debris, choosing a wall-climbing pool vacuum can offer a much more comprehensive cleaning than that offered by water-powered models.
You May Like: Vdara Swimming Pool