Ready To Build An Above Ground Pool Deck In Your Backyard
Before requesting a contractor to draw deck blueprints, youll need this deck plan information:
- Pool measurements. You need the diameter and height of the pool in order to calculate accurate deck dimensions.
- Desired materials. Request the material youd like your deck to be but remain open to suggestions from your builder. Oftentimes these experts can recommend solutions we may not have thought of.
- Building codes. Get a contractor or building inspector to review your plans to make sure they follow required codes.
Once you have dreamed up your deck desires and hired a contractor to construct your vision, its time to enjoy. Lounge, sunbathe, and soak up time with family and friendsall poolside, thanks to your above ground pool deck.
Need a builder? Find one here.
Admirals Walk Pools Features
- ADMIRALS WALK Outdoor Living At Its Best! The Finest Above-Ground Pool Available!
- OUR RECTANGULAR SHAPE A rectangular pool gives you more freedom for lounging and watersports than other pools with similar capacities. With 18 promenade decks standard on 3 sides and a massive 66 deep end deck, your Admirals Walk pool offers plenty of decking for sunning and socializing when you are out of the water.
- OUR ENGINEERED DESIGN Our engineers have designed a sturdy, above-ground pool for you and your family to enjoy. The latest technology the pool uses creates a beautiful, functional, and recreational environment.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION No expense has been spared and no detail has been overlooked in the manufacturing of your pool parts. We only use leading-edge and state-of-the-art materials. Each pool is proudly manufactured in the USA.
Fast Free Shipping On Above Ground Pools
Pool Supplies Canada offers FREE shipping on our above ground pool packages, which makes your decision to add an above ground pool to your outdoor space even easier. Not only do our pool packages ship for free, they also arrive really quickly – our customers are always amazed at how fast their above ground pool packages arrive! We can ship our packages to anywhere across Canada, and most orders leave our facility within 24 hours after placing your order. Unlike other pool supply companies, we are located in Canada, which means you don’t have to worry about customs fees or delays at the border!
Also Check: How To Fix Cracked Cement Around Pool
What Kind Of Deck Should I Build For An Above Ground Pool
When it comes to building a deck for your above ground pool, its important to decide what style of deck youd like. The style of deck you choose is determined by the type of pool you have , your preferred decking material , the features you want and your budget. Lets explore your options and find the best fit for your backyard by discussing the four main above ground pool deck styles in detail:
Cost Of Above Ground Pool Deck Kits
There are many kits available for the average homeowner who wants to build a deck at a reasonable price. For around $2500 you can get an aluminum pool deck kit from Kayak. Although these are aluminum deck kits, you can also find wood deck kits.
Need help installing your deck kit? Have a deck builder build it for you. Building a pool deck from an above ground pool deck kit can be a great investment.
Perks of Pool Deck Kits
Above Ground Pool Deck Kits can be built in a variety of different styles. You can find many different colors in aluminum or you can easily add a coat of deck stain to wooden pool decks to make it your own. Pool deck kits come in all different colors and designs that will give you and your family, neighbors, or guests a place to be social. You can even add accessories to your pool deck like privacy walls or fencing to help keep people from seeing into your deck or keeping small children out when unsupervised.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Online Pool Game
Many Deck Designs To Choose From
T-Deck, Walk-Around Deck, L-Deck, Single End Deck, Full Side Deck
The Kayak Pool comes in the four standard sizes.
12FT X 20FT 16FT X 24FT16FT X 32FT
In addition to the deck finish options displayed here, we offer custom aluminum decking also as an option.
Made from the same high-quality aluminum as Kayak decks, your fence will not rust, rot, or deteriorate.
With 3 foot railings and closely spaced pickets, Kayak pool fences are designed to keep little ones and pets safe and secure on the elevated deck.
Kayak pool ladders are built from structural aluminum. These strong yet lightweight completely adjustable outside ladders can easily be put away when not in use. Together with the locking feature, it makes it difficult for your kids, pets and outsiders entering the pool while you are gone.
Kayak offers several in-pool ladder options including traditional 3-step ladders or easy-step corner ladders.
Your Backyard Vacation Awaits…
Above Ground Pool Landscaping + Patio Ideas
Dont want to build a deck for your above ground pool? Want a more natural, organic look in your backyard? Instead of opting for a deck, consider enhancing the area around your above ground pool with a patio or landscaping. Above ground pool patios and landscaping differ from decks in that they are ground-level with all walls of the pool exposed. Here are the five main types of above ground pool patios:
What is the best thing to put around an above ground pool? Lets analyze each option to determine which one is right for your outdoor living space.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Rid Of Bugs In Pool
Maintenance Free Resin Deck Platforms Posts Railing Systems And Pool Steps
- All resin components UV protected to maintain strength & color
- Powder coated steel support structure & bracing system for strength & protection
- Each deck includes both the in-pool step & ground to deck step complete with gate
- Steel reinforced railing system for strength
- Comfortable, anti-skid deck surfaces for greater safety
- Cantilever deck design to eliminate gaps between deck and pool top rail
- Each deck includes all stainless steel hardware for all components including steps
- Optional solar deck lights and In-pool step lights available for all decks.
Serving New Jersey and Pennsylvania in the following counties.
New Jersey Counties of:
Above Ground Pool Deck Kits
As the weather gets warmer, owning a pool can be a lot of fun, but climbing in and out using a ladder can be tiring and dangerous. When you have a pool deck, it can help this issue along with being a great a great addition to your pool and home. However, if youre like most people, you either dont have the skills to build a custom deck for your pool or it costs too much. This is where Above Ground Pool Deck Kits come in.
You May Like: What Is The Best Pool In Las Vegas Hotels
How To Paint An Aluminum Pool
Many above-ground pools are made of aluminum covered on the inside by vinyl liners. The exterior aluminum is exposed to the elements and the additional dampness of the splashes from the pool, which can wear off the existing paint. You also may see mildew developing on the outside of the pool, particularly near ground level. Paint new life into your above-ground pool using primer and paint specifically designed for aluminum pools.
Lay drop cloths or tarps on the ground around the base of the pool. Tape off vinyl that shows on the top of the pool rim and other areas you don’t want to paint, such as hand rails. If you have a pool cover, install it if not, tape tarps onto the edges of the pool extending inward to cover the water at least 2 feet inside the pool.
Put on rubber gloves, a dust mask and safety goggles. Clean the outside of the pool with a mixture of 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water. Scrub the walls to remove dirt and mildew. Let the walls dry.
Wrap medium-grit sandpaper over a sanding block and secure it in place. Sand the exterior of the pool in even, circular motions to dull and roughen the existing paint. Rinse the outside of the pool when finished to remove sanding dust, then let it dry.
Let the primer dry, then mix another batch and add a second coat of primer to the pool. Allow it to dry.
What Is The Best Material For An Above Ground Or Semi
The decking material you choose for your above ground or semi-inground pool deck will impact the look and feel of your backyard as well as maintenance costs over time. Now that youve seen some of the different styles of decking, lets dive into the different types of decking materials to find one that works for your backyard.
Recommended Reading: Where Can You Buy An Above Ground Pool
Types Of Above Ground Pool Deck Kits
One of the most popular types of pool deck kits is the kit because its easy to buy and install. You can purchase most of the materials at home improvement stores like Lowes and Home Depot, and you dont have to have a prior pool or deck building experience.
Just follow a few simple steps, some youll likely have never learned, and youre ready to work with some simple tools and materials to put together your home deck.
Pool Deck Kit Maintenance
Building your deck from scratch is no small task and can be expensive. When you purchase a pool deck kit, you get a nice professional-looking deck. While its not cheap, it does include everything you need to build it and can be pretty maintenance free depending on the style of pool deck you choose.
For the wooden pool decks, its best to preserve the wood every year to keep it as optimal as possible and prevent any rotting from the pool water.
If you have a professional-looking deck built from a kit, you will want to make sure that you do regular every day maintenance as well. This includes picking up any spills, picking up and cleaning up any trash, and so on.
Recommended Reading: When Can Babies Swim In Pool
How To Extend The Life Of Your Above
If you want your pool to last those twenty years , youll have to hold up your end of the bargain. To do this, leave no stone unturned. Make sure you:
- Add the right amount of chemicals.
- Do as much weather protection as you can.
- Fix something as soon as you notice it needs fixing.
- Be careful of sharp objects.
- Be observant of water levels .
- Check routinely for signs of rust.
Even if youve opted for a more budget-friendly pool, youll be surprised how much these simple tips can help your pool last. The initial cost of these things may be higher, but theyll save you money in the long-term, considering youll get your pools full life expectancy without needing to install a new one.
Maintenance Free Resin Decks For Above Ground Pools
We have Resin Vinyl Above Ground Pool Decks that feature an all non-corrosive composition. These decks are heavy duty and designed to last. There is no carpet to replace and they keep their new appearance for years. Each deck has a self-closing gate for added safety.
Model FD -AR 13 Deck
MODEL RD AR 10 Deck
MODEL SD AR 5×5 Deck
Recommended Reading: How To Lower The Ph In Your Pool
Above Ground Pool Deck + Landscaping Tips
- Sketch out your pool deck ideas and get input from family members. If you visit a home with an above ground pool and deck, write down some of your favorite ideas to keep for later.
- Always build your pool first. Build the deck around the pool, not vice-versa.
- Build your pool and deck within view of the home for safety.
- Consider how much sun your deck gets when choosing a deck material. Some retain heat more than others.
- Instead of hiding your pool equipment or storage under the deck, make these important places easily accessible by building a small equipment and storage area near the side of your pool.
- Mulching too close to the pool is not recommended. Mulch attracts termites which can eat away your above ground pool. Instead, add a small gravel or rock ring around the pool, then add your mulch.
- Explore SwimmingPool.com Pinterest for more above ground pool deck ideas, above ground pool landscaping ideas and amazing pool designs.
From The Manufacturer Splash Pools
Enhance your swimming experience with this Free Standing Deck from Splash Pools. Universal construction fits most 52 pools. This deck is designed for easy entry to the deck with a hinged aluminum ladder and easy entry to the pool with a stable resin in-pool ladder. This sturdy deck has welded extruded aluminum construction with indoor-outdoor carpeting. It also comes with a lockable self closing, self latching gate to keep unwanted swimmers out. It meets all swimming pool industry safety codes and comes with a 30 year limited warranty.
- Product Dimensions 36 x 60 x 52 inches
- Shipping Weight 119 pounds
- Needs to be attached to pool
- Patio deck for above-ground swimming pool
- Measures 3x5x52
- Made from welded extruded aluminum for a solid, sturdy construction
- Easy to install
Don’t Miss: What To Test For In Pool Water
Diy Above Ground Pool Installation Tips
Can you tell the difference between a DIY above ground pool installation and a professionally installed pool? Probably not – here are some tips to help you with your above ground pool setup:
- – You can install an above ground pool yourself!
- – Buttress free oval systems allow for more space in your yard and a cleaner, finished look
- – True above ground pools are designed to be left up year round
- – When installing your above ground pool the ground must be properly graded and level
- – Never install an above ground pool below ground
- – You can install an above ground pool on a concrete base but only if it is a round model
- – Only above ground pools with resin components are recommended for use with a salt water system
- – Above ground pools are not designed to have a deep end
- – Never install a slide or diving board on an above ground pool because they are not deep enough
What Our Customers Are Saying
At Pool Supplies Canada, we offer the widest selection of Canadian made pools in the industry. That’s because Canadian made products not only support our local economy, which is important to our team, they are also made of high quality materials that can withstand our harsh Canadian climate. Our products meet Canadian certifications and safety standards and come backed with Canadian manufacturer warranties for use in Canada. Some products even have exclusive extended warranties that are only available through Pool Supplies Canada.
At Pool Supplies Canada, we take our customers feedback very seriously, and pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service – from the moment you first place your order, to after your pool is installed. Below are just a few of the kind words we’ve received from our thousands of above ground pool customers over the years – to see more, visit our or Customer Reviews page. It’s no coincidence that we are Canada’s number one above ground pool supplier!
Also Check: Can You Heat An Above Ground Pool
Piece Regency Patio Decks With Resin Fence
AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING SIZES: 18′ – 21′ – 24′ – 27′ – 30’R
- STRUCTURAL POST: EXTRUDED 1.5”X1.5” HOLLOW ALUMINUM TUBES 88” TALL
- LADDERS: TWO LADDERS SUPPLIED. 23” WIDE IN POOL AND 23” WIDE STAIRCASE LADDER
- FENCING: DELUXE POLYMER RESIN CONSTRUCTION. MAXIMUM PASS THOROUGH DOES NOT EXCEED 4”. AT LEAST 65% OPEN AREA TO ALLOW VISIBILITY. OVERALL FENCE HEIGHT IS 36”.
- GATE: SELF CLOSING ALUMINUM AND RESIN GATE SUPPLIED WITH KEY LOCK.
- TRIM: ALL ALUMINUM PARTS ELECTROSTATICALLY POLYESTER DRY POWDER COATED GLOSS WHITE.
- REQUIRED: REMOVAL OF ORIGINAL TOP RAIL OR TOP RAILS ON POOL FOR CANTILEVER DECK INSTALLATION.
- HARDWARE: ALL STAINLESS STEEL
Choosing The Best Pool Deck
From safety to aesthetic appeal, a deck is a crucial component to any above-ground swimming pool landscape. But what material should you choose? Wood may have a more nostalgic, traditional feeling but it might not be the best choice for your familys pool needs.
The difference in maintenance work between Kayaks extruded aluminum deck and wood decks is vast, and could really make or break the pool owning experience.
A wooden deck is guaranteed to rot, warp and bendits just a matter of time. Not to mention, termites love damp areas but they of course love wood even more! Its easy to see change in non-pool decks as they are exposed to rain and snow over the years, so imagine years of weather wear in addition to pool exposure and the possibility of termites. You could end up replacing sections as needed. Additional work could include constantly cleaning your deck, applying special treatments to the wood, and using termite pesticide around the deck and pool but why do that when you should be enjoying your pool?
Luckily, Kayaks decks are virtually indestructible and are made to last a lifetime. There is essentially no upkeep with these special extruded aluminum constructions no rust, no rot, no warping. It truly is as simple as that.
With a Kayak aluminum pool deck, you wont face any of these problems. With Kayaks pool deck, you can landscape and place vegetation to your desire without any worry of mold, termites or damage.
Don’t Miss: How Can I Clean My Swimming Pool