Top Line Pool Testing Strips
The TOP LINE pool testing strips seem like quite a deal when you first notice them. Although theyre priced similarly to most competing brands, you receive twice as many strips for the price. Moreover, these strips perform a 7-way test which includes pH, free chlorine, total chlorine, total alkalinity, cyanuric acid, total hardness, and even salt. They only need to be dipped in the pool for 2 seconds, but the color change takes 60 seconds.
For the price, we were a bit apprehensive. Turns out, we had good reason. We were pretty surprised to see the colors running together when we pulled the first strip from the pool. Obviously, this makes it pretty hard to get a reading. We tried again, this time removing it from the water quickly to lay it flat. We still experienced running, but this time we could make out the individual colors a bit better. Regrettably, they didnt match close enough to the color chart to make for easy identification. We had a difficult time figuring out where our levels really were. Although at face value they seem like a great choice, youre better off spending a bit more on another brand.
- Colors run and bleed together
- Colors are not accurate to the chart
- Cant get an accurate reading
How To Test Your Swimming Pool Water
Pool Calculator makes pool chemistry easy.; Also Available for iOS&Android
Regardless of where you live or what kind of pool you own, youre going to have to test your swimming pool water chemistry. Testing your pool helps keep the water safe from viruses, bacteria, and algae and ensures chemical levels are safe and comfortable for swimmers.
How To Read A Water Care Test Strip
Have you ever looked at the testing strips you use test the water of your hot tub or pool?; Does it make sense to you?; If so, congratulations, but to many this is just a weird color coded and set of number; basically information that does not translate to an action to be taken.; Here we try to decode the water code and why.;
FCL free chlorine. This is the sanitizer level of the pool. For pools, the safe level is 1ppm-3ppm; for spas 3ppm-5ppm.; You should test this weekly and add chlorine as needed to keep water clean, clear and free of algae.
Don’t Miss: How To Heat An Above Ground Pool
What Water Tests Are Needed
In order for us to have a sparkling clean and well-balanced pool, we have to ensure that the levels of pool chemicals stay within the ideal range of:
- pH: 7.2 7.6
- Bromine: 3-5 ppm
- Cyanuric Acid: 30 50 ppm
Testing your pool water and maintaining perfect chemical harmony is not rocket science but it definitely involves regularity and consistency on your part.
Find Out What’s Happening In Westhampton
- When adding wear gloves or old clothes. Most people almost always seem to bleach themselves.
- When opening tab buckets always turn your head, gases can take your breath away, in severe cases if they get wet you can burn your lungs.
- If; adding liquid shock to the pool I suggest resting the container on the top step of the pool and dumping in. This is to avoid splashing on the deck and causing bleaching of the deck.
- If adding granular chlorine shock. Always premix.
- Usually needs to be regulated weekly
Rule of thumb:
- DO NOT put pool chlorine into your spa or spa chlorine into your pool.;
- For pools use one tablet per 10,000 gallons of water.; For the average pool that is 3 4 tablets per week depending on the weather and use of the pool.
- For chlorinated spas, use ½ oz of chlorinating granules per 500 gallons of water.
ALK alkalinity. This is the buffer for the pH in the water. The pH level in pool water can directly affect the efficiency of the sanitizer . The pH level for the human body and eyes range from 7.2 – 7.6; this is the comfort zone. If the pH of the water is too low or too high it can irritate your eyes and skin. Often, when people complain of eye and skin irritation they think it is the chorine levels that is causing it, but no, its the pH level. When the pH of the water is not in balance it can also do damage to the pool’s equipment and surface.
You May Like: How To Deter Wasps From Pool
Pool Test Strips: Your Simplified Guide
No one would like their swimming pools dirty. So, its no surprise why most people lots of chemicals to keep them sparkling clean. However, they are not enough to take cleanliness to the next level. This is where pool test strips play a critical role.
Pool test helps you monitor your swimming pool waters quality and check chlorine, pH, stabilizer, and disinfectant levels. A quick test lets you determine whether it is clean and safe enough to dive into the pool or not.
In this post, you will get more familiar with the swimming pool test strip. So, lets get started.
Why Pool Test Matters?
Swimming is no fun of the water not clear, clean, and healthy. In most cases, pools are used by different people at any given time.
So, it is critical to test and treat the pool water regularly to ensure that infectious illnesses will not spread. Plus, it also helps to enhance your entire pool experience.
How Often Should You Test Pool Water?
It is imperative to test the pool water at least once a week. If you notice that the ideal chemical level increases or decreases, ensure to add chemicals.
However, chlorine and pH level requires more often testing. You can do it daily until you understand better how they fluctuate. Other readings, such as cyanuric acid, alkalinity, and calcium, move slowly. So, you can test them either weekly or monthly.
What are the Required Water Tests?
- Cyanuric Acid: 30-50 ppm
- Alkalinity: 80-120 ppm
- pH: 7.2-7.6
What are Pool Test Strips?
Benicci 7 In 1 Pool And Spa Test Strips Kit
- POOL AND SPA TEST STRIPS – 7 TESTS IN 1 – These swimming pool test kit strips are designed to measure a variety of parameters, including free and total chlorine, cyanuric acid, alkalinity, hardness, and…
- SPA TEST STRIPS – Easier Water Maintenance – These handy 7-in-1 water test kit strips are designed to help you easily maintain and monitor water conditions in your swimming pool, hot tubs, jacuzzi, or spa.
- SPA TEST STRIPS FOR HOT TUBS – Accurate Results in Seconds – With these chlorine test strips, there’s no need to sit and wait. Dip the strip in water for 5 seconds, take it out, and wait for 60 seconds to…
- CHLORINE TEST STRIPS – A Must-Have For pool Owners – These pH test strips are an essential addition to your swimming pool or jacuzzi maintenance equipment. Give this as a thoughtful gift to a loved one who…
- TEST STRIPS FOR POOLS AND SPAS – Perfect Value For Your Money – Forget about buying pH strips that burn a big hole in your wallet. With each purchase, you get 100 water quality spa test strips all packed…
Benicci test strips are the perfect value for your money. These swimming pool test kit strips are designed to measure various parameters, including free and total chlorine, cyanuric acid, alkalinity, hardness, and free bromine. Theyre also handy for use in hot tubs or spas.;
Recommended Reading: What Are Pool Cages Made Of
How Long Do Pool Test Strips Last
Pool test strips are accurate but the accuracy depends on a few factors. Some pool experts say that strips can be more accurate than drop kits because with drop and liquid testing kits, there’s much more room to make errors. You only need to add one extra drop of liquid and your test will be inaccurate.
Additionally, what are the best pool test strips? Comparison Table
|AquaChek 551236 7-Way||Check Price|
|JNW Direct 6 in 1||Check Price|
|Poolmaster 22211 Smart Test 4-Way||Check Price|
Additionally, do pH strips have an expiration date?
pH test strips and papers are based on acidobasic chemical indicators which change colors in well defined pH ranges & are generally very stable compounds. For this reason, this type of test strips does not come with an explicit expiration date. a dry place and away from any chemical fumes in laboratories.
How long can a pool water sample sit before testing?
24 to 48 hours
Are Pool Test Strips Accurate
Pool test strips are accurate, but they are not substitutes for pH testing strips and pool test kits. What this means is that you should use the test strip to determine your pools chlorine levels; if it turns green, then there might be too much of it in the water, which can lead to skin irritation such as dryness or rashes. If it turns red, there might be too little of it in the pool, leading to bacteria or algae growth.;
After using the test strips, you should always follow up with a pool test kit to determine the actual pH and chlorine levels in your pool.
You May Like: Does Chlorine Kill Lice
Put It On A Solid White Background
Included with your Clorox smart strips is an attachment that can connect to the bottle. One side contains a color chart that you can match to your strip, the other side is solid white.
Place the color chart face down so that the white portion is on top. Place the test strip that you quickly put under water on the the white board so that the strips colors are on the top.
Jnw Diret Pool And Spa Test Strips
- THE ULTIMATE AT HOME POOL TEST STRIPS for your swimming pool & spa. Tests for 7 parameters: total hardness, total chlorine, bromine, free chlorine, pH, cyanuric acid & total alkalinity
- EXTREMELY EASY TO USE pool water test strips, Instant reliable results with simple and clear instructions. Simply dip and compare with large color chart on bottle. Ideal range marked on bottle
- BONUS FREE MOBILE APP INCLUDED – Record, track and monitor your pool test strip results with ultimate accuracy. Available for IOS and Android
- 100 STRIPS MEANS 100 TESTS – Each swimming pool test strip provides accurate and fast results for any water sources including fresh and salt water pools, spas and hot-tubs
- GET SAFE, CLEAN AND CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER, our pool and spa test strips come with a great e-book explaining what your results mean and how you can keep your water in a healthy and clean condition year round
The JNW Direct Pool and Spa Test Strips are high-quality pool test strips that provide accurate results for seven different parameters. There is also a free mobile app available to track your results accurately from the convenience of your phone!
These highly reliable and easy-to-use test strips will have you quickly optimizing your bathing water quality for optimum soothing comfort.
Read Also: Can Lice Drown In A Pool
When To Test Pool Water
There is no set guideline for when to conduct various tests on pool water chemistry. Some people test all components daily, and this is a perfectly acceptable, if slightly obsessive, schedule. However, many pool experts suggest the following schedule for testing:
- Chlorine levels:;Two;or three times each week
- pH: Two;or three times each week
- Acid demand test: Whenever pH levels need adjustment
- Total alkalinity: Weekly, unless pH has changed, in which case you should always test the total alkalinity
- Calcium hardness: Monthly
- Four-way pool water test kit
- Sink to wash test kit
- Towel to dry test kit
Clorox Pool Test Strips
- Works with iPhone and Android
- Instant, accurate customized test results
- Step-by-step treatment instructions
Prevent pool problems with your very own pool care assistant! Developed exclusively for iPhone and Android, this smart device is always on hand to help you keep an eye on the chlorine in your swimming pools. Not for use with saltwater pools or spas.
With instant, accurate readings and step-by-step treatment instructions included for easy reference, its everything a pool lover needs to maintain their pool all summer long.
Read Also: Can You Heat An Above Ground Pool
Test For Total Alkalinity
After rinsing the tester clean, fill the large tube to the lower dash line. Add one drop of No. 4 solution and swirl. Next, add one drop of solution No. 5B, a total alkalinity indicator, and swirl. Add No. 3 solution, drop by drop until the color changes to clear, light yellow, or light green.
Finally, multiply the number of drops of solution No. 3 you used by 10 to determine the total alkalinity.
Note: Don’t perform this test if the residual chlorine is above 3.0. Chlorine must be in normal ranges before testing for TA .;
The Best Pool Test Strips: How To Read And Use Them
Download our free Pool Maintenance Starter Kit and learn how to manage your pool affordably and efficiently.
Download our free Pool Maintenance Starter Kit and learn how to manage your pool affordably and efficiently.
Pool test strips are a reliable way to measure the levels of chlorine and pH in your pool. However, pool test strips can be tricky to use if you dont know how they work or what they do. You need to read pool test strips accurately before taking any action with them.
This article will explain all about pool test strips so that you can make an informed decision on which ones are best for your needs!
Don’t Miss: How Much Do Blue World Pools Cost
Jnw Direct Pool And Spa Test Strips
The JNW Test Kit is simple, checks for six different parameters , and takes things to the digital level by incorporating an app so that you can track and inventory your test results.
Each pack contains 100 strips for your pool, and with an eBook for best testing practices, the JNW Direct Pool and Spa Test Kit will keep your pool and spa clean and ready for action all year long.
Aquacheck Select Kit Test Strips For Swimming Pools
- Best overall pick for pool test strips
The AquaChek kit comes with 50 strips that test for seven different pool chemistries in just a couple of moments. A color-coded chart guides any adjustments you need to make with the pool water. This test kit is a favorite of Amazon editors, includes a 23-page instructional booklet, and a log to keep a history of tests and results.
Also Check: Cya Reducer For Pools
Poolmaster Smart Swimming Pool And Spa Water Chemistry Test Strips
- For maintaining healthy water chemistry in swimming pool or spa
- Analyzes four chemical factors; free chlorine, bromine, alkalinity and pH
- Dip in water for instant reading; no-bleed pads give accurate color reading
- Comes in easy-to-store container
- Contains 50 strips per kit
Maintaining your pool or spa water chemistry is critical to the health of your facility. Poolmaster test strips will help you analyze four key factors with an instant reading, no mess.
Use regularly for quick assurance that everything in the swimming pool or spa is perfect.
Beterwater Pool Test Strips
- NEW Pool Test Strips 6 IN 1: Water test strip test for Total Chlorine, Free Chlorine/Bromine, pH, Total Alkalinity, Cyanuric Acid, Total Hardness
- Fast and Accurate: Only takes 17s, you can obtain the high accurate and reliable results. First, dip the test strip in water for 2s, then take it out and wait for 15s, then compare each strips to the color…
- Well Package: There are 100pcs spa test strips are seal with 5 individual moisture-proof aluminum bag and packed in easy to store plastic box to ensure the water test strips can store for 2 years.
- Convenience and Wide Usage: Each bottle has 3.75×1.38inx1.38in, it is very convenience to take anywhere. The test strips can help you test swimming pool, Spa, hot tubs water chemistry, so that you can…
The Beterwater Pool Test water test strips are an easy and affordable way to check up on the levels of your pool at home for any level of homeowner. Simply dip a strip in water from the tub or pool for 2 seconds, then wait 15 seconds before comparing each strip to color charts on the side of the bottle.
The fast 17 second reaction time means you dont have to buy multiple strips to determine whats going on!
Also Check: How To Remove Cyanuric Acid From Pool Water
Best Ways To Test Pool Water
The two most popular ways of testing pool chemicals are pool test strips and pool testing kits. Whether you use a kit or a strip, it should measure chlorine and pH levels. These measurements show two of your pools most important chemical readings.
Its best to find a kit or strips that also measure total alkalinity and total hardness. Total alkalinity can negatively affect your waters pH. Unbalanced total hardness can cause damage to pool surfaces and equipment.
As you conduct pool water testing, track the chemical levels. Use a journal or logbook to write down the data from each weekly test.
Two: Check The Ph Level
The test strips will measure the amount of free chlorine in your pool, but they also check for other things too. When you follow the instructions on how to use pool test strips for swimming pools water testing, this is what youll want to look at first. If its not between a range of seven and eight, you should add more chlorine to your pool.
Recommended Reading: How To Remove Hard Water Stains From Pool Tiles