Heater And Heating Tubes
Repairing small issues in your heater or heating tubes can cost $100 to $300. Possible repairs to your water heater or heating tubes include:
- Clogged heater pilot tubing
- Loose drain plug or missing o-ring
- Low gas pressure
In short, call a maintenance specialist before considering replacement, as it could be a cheap fix vs. the high replacement cost of a new heater at $550 to over $10,000, with another $400 to $500 for installation.
How Much Does It Cost To Have My Pool Cleaned In 2021
How much does it cost to have my pool cleaned? or maybe How Much Pool Service Cost in Fort Lauderdale?. As a South Florida homeowner, you may wonder, and you have certainly weighed the pros and cons of owning a swimming pool. And if youre fortunate enough to have taken the plunge and had your own backyard oasis installed, you know all too well that the benefits almost always outweigh the setbacks. But thats not to say that a swimming pool is without its costs.
Typically, the regular cost of a monthly pool cleaning service for inground pools is $95 per month.
Of course, no two pools are alike and even if they are, some elements require greater attention than others. For this reason it is important to keep in mind that a pool in poor condition has a higher initial cleaning cost than a pool that was in good condition when it was first put into service.
Regardless of your pool situation, proper maintenance is a must. And contrary to popular belief, weekly, monthly even annual pool service does not have to cost an arm and a leg. Its all about finding the payment option and frequency that works best for you.
Pool Fence Or Enclosure Costs
A pool fence installation costs between $600 and $4,400 or more depending on the size of the pool, fencing materials you select, and how far back from the edge of the pool the fence is installed. Gates with a self-closing latch for your pool fence average an additional $200 to $250 each including installation.
A pool enclosure costs$5 to $65 per square foot or between $4,000 and $50,000 on average. Pool cages are either custom-built or prefabricated with either screen mesh, glass, plastic, or vinyl. Enclosures reduce insects, debris, and pollen, provide UV protection, and enable swimming year-round.
Pool Cover Cost
Installing a manual or automatic pool cover at the cost of $550 to $3,000 is excellent for safety, keeping in more of the heat in the water, and helping restrict more of the moisture from doing any damage to the structure of the home. A high-end motorized cover will cost $4,800 to $6,000 depending on the pool’s size.
Also Check: Vdara Dog Friendly
Cost By Swimming Pool Size
Many professional pool cleaning services charge for labor by the hour, which means the longer it takes someone to clean your pool, the more youll have to pay. So, a larger pool that needs more attention will cost more to clean and maintain than a smaller one.
Nationwide, the average cost for swimming pool maintenance is $79 per hour. That cost could range from $65 to $93 per hour depending on rates where you live and how intensive the cleaning needs to be.
For how long it would take to clean your specific pool, keep in mind that cleaning the average above-ground pool takes about half an hour to an hour, an in-ground pool of 10 feet by 20 feet would take about an hour and a half to two hours, and a large 20-foot by 40-foot in-ground pool could take as long as three to five hours.
This Cost Guide Aims To Provide You With All The Relevant Costs Associated With Pool Maintenance And Also Drops A Few Helpful Tips And Tricks To Ensure You Know Everything You Need To About Owning And Running A Healthy Pool Lets Get Into It
While pool maintenance costs vary depending on your size and type of pool , most Australians spend between $600 and $1500 a year on pool maintenance costs.
Pool maintenance – its not exactly the most interesting topic to research but if you do own a pool then it is most helpful to know how much you should be spending on maintenance. Why?
Well firstly, to avoid being ripped off! Seriously there are some people out there who will take you for all you have got so it is best to be learnt on the service you are seeking prior to accepting quotes.
Secondly, so that you can budget for it! At Service.com.au we love a good budget and seriously encourage all our readers to budget for EVERYTHING. Not only will this prevent any unexpected bills from interrupting your weekly spending but ultimately helps you save too.
Recommended Reading: Hide Above Ground Pool Pump
Guide To Diy Pool Maintenance
DIY pool maintenance includes six simple tasks you need to perform on a regular schedule to keep your pool clean, healthy for swimmers, and functioning. Stay on top of these chores, and you wont ever have to worry about hiring a pool cleaning service.
1. Balance water pH and chlorine levels. Once or twice a week, use test strips to check your pool waters pH and chlorine level. Add the appropriate pool chemicals as necessary to keep the pH level between 7.4 and 7.6 and the chlorine at 1.0 to 3.0 ppm.
2. Skim the surface. Use a skimmer to remove leaves, twigs, insects, and other debris floating in the pool. Empty the pools skimmer baskets. Youll need to do this once or twice a week to keep gunk from building up in the water.
3. Clean the pools walls and floor. Using a handheld or automatic pool vacuum, remove dirt and debris from along the pools floor. Scrub caked-on dirt from the walls with a pool brush. Vacuuming and brushing once a week during swimming season should keep your pool ready to use at any time.
4. Shock the pool. Also once a week, youll need to add a chlorine shock product to your pool water to keep it clean and safe for swimming. You may need to shock the pool more frequently after a storm.
5. Prevent algae. Add a small dose of algaecide to your pool every week to keep algae from growing in the first place. That way you wont suffer from green pool and have to remove algae later.
Additional Considerations And Costs
- Some homeowners choose to maintain their pools on their own. In this case, you will need to invest in a skimmer , vacuum , test kit , and brush in addition to the chemical supplies.
- Skimming the water in your pool using a skimmer net should be done as part of routine daily maintenance. Skimming the pool protects your pump from being clogged with debris. The pumps skimmer basket should be emptied often as well.
- Pool guys offer complete pool maintenance services. They are qualified professionals who look after your pool daily, weekly, and monthly to keep it working efficiently.
- Having a swimming pool raises your liability insurance, which in turn increases your monthly payments. Speak to your homeowners insurance agency to find out what your monthly payment will be.
- Always discard any unused chemicals at the end of the season. Follow local ordinances for disposal. Purchase new chemicals when you reopen the pool.
- Always keep pool chemicals away from sources of heat and open flame, as many are flammable.
You May Like: Mandalay Bay Pool Close Date
Semi Inground Pool Cost
A semi-inground pool costs under $10,000 on average. Oasis semi-inground pools are constructed from extruded aluminum or steel and cost between $6,800 and $8,500. Semi inground pools are more expensive than an above-ground pool but about a third of the price of an inground pool of equal size. The installation is much faster than that for an inground pool and can often be constructed in 1 to 3 days.
Contact Broward’s Premiere Pool Cleaning Company For A Free Digital Quote Within 24 Hours
So we hope our article has given you all the information you need to decide whether or not to hire a professional pool maintenance service in Florida!
Dont forget to get in touch with one of our friendly expert team to talk about your options and help you free up more of your precious time enjoying your pool.
If you live in Broward County, Sublime Pools & Spa is ready to provide excellent monthly pool service right away! We can send you a quote via email or text without even showing up! If you would like to learn more, Call us at 754-260-7193. We take pride in our unbeatable guarantees and our values that keep our company afloat!
Like this article?
Don’t Miss: Inground Pool Syracuse Ny
Pool Parts Cost Breakdown:
Most people forget to account for the cost of pool parts – we won’t have this on our watch! We are talking LED lights, filters, pumps, heaters and more . The good news is that most of these parts are a long term investment but nevertheless, must be considered!
- Pool Pump – $1000 approx
- Solar Heater Installation – $3800 approx
- Gas Heater Installation – $3000 approx
- Electric Heater Installation – between $4500-$6000
Price Quotes From Pool Cleaning Services Near Los Angeles Ca
Perez Pool and Spa We provide Los Angeles, California, and the surrounding areas with affordable swimming pool maintenance and repair. We also service hot tubs and fountains. Your pool is one of your most valuable and expensive investments. Make sure you hire reliable professionals for all of your maintenance and repair needs. Perez Pool & Spa Service is locally owned and operated and takes great pride in providing trustworthy service to all customers.
JFS Pool & Spa Service Whether it’s your residential pool or one for public use in your commercial area, you absolutely should not neglect its condition. Even if they’re in use only a few times a year, make sure they’re of impeccable quality all throughout the year. If any damage is apparent, you can have a reliable swimming pool service provide you with the necessary pool repairs. If you’re in need of a company you can trust in for that in Los Angeles, CA, we here at JFS Pool & Spa Service are definitely a team you can call.
Recommended Reading: How To Unclog Swimming Pool Pipes
Getting Quotes For Pool Maintenance
You can take care of some pool maintenance like replacing filters yourself, but to replace a pump or carry out other jobs or repairs, you’ll need a pool maintenance expert.
Compare 3 quotes from local specialists on hipages to get the best deal on pool maintenance near you. You should also check their level of experience and ask what chemicals or products they use so you know what’s going into your pool.
Get quotes from local pool experts now
*Costs and prices in this article are indicative and should only be used as a guide. They also vary locally and are subject to market forces.
How Much Does A Pool Increase Your Water Bill
Having a pool can increase your water bill by about $4 to $20 per month, $45 to $245 per year, or half this if you close it for the winter. Usually, pools see ¼ inch loss of water per day due to evaporation or roughly 2 inches per week.
The average price per gallon of water ranges from $0.002/gallon to $0.011/gallon , so pool water bills can vary considerably. For a normal-sized 14 x 28 pool that is never covered, and depending on how much wind, sun, and humidity your local climate has, your pool will lose about 1,858 gallons per month and approximately 22,298 gallons of water per year.
Don’t Miss: Metals In Pool Water How To Remove
What Does Pool Maintenance Costs In Scottsdale & Phoenix
Scottsdale & Phoenix are the cities of Arizona. Pool maintenance is not easy in these cities due to the weather.
The Phoenix and Scottsdale areas average weekly pool service cost range from $135 to $165 per week. It also depends on the services.
- According to McCallums pool services, they charge $135 for a pool drain.
- Average weekly pool services may cost from $135 to $165 depending upon the services or requirements.
- If service outside of standard weekly maintenance is required, a service call will be applied to complete the repairs.
- Installation of small parts will be charged separately if it exceeds $65. You will get notified before installation to know your consent
- Moreover, you can call them for the estimation cost for any pool maintenance service.
Check Out Their Google Reviews
It goes without saying to check out reviews on Google. Compare the bad ones with good reviews so you can find out the kind of ways a trustworthy and reputable company will service your pool.
Do good reviews demonstrate that a pool company shows up to clean their pool when they say they will? Are their prices consistent? And can you see any bad reviews which say the pool wasnt cleaned to a good standard?
You will also find that pool service companies you can trust will having listings on some or all of the following:
Sublime Pools & Spa proudly has 5 Star reviews on ALL platforms!
Also Check: Does Target Carry Pool Supplies
Indoor Vs Outdoor Pools
Indoor pools tend to stay a lot cleaner than outdoor pools because they’re not exposed to the falling leaves and tree debris, animals or the elements. So, you’ll likely save money on regular cleaning if you have an indoor pool.
But although indoor pools might need less frequent visits, you will still need them year-round.
How Much Does An Underground Pool Liner Cost
Pool liners come in a range of thicknesses, and this affects the price you will pay. For example, a 28/20 mil 14 by 28 pool liner will average $600 while a thicker 28/28 20 by 40 pool liner will average $1,700. If you are replacing an existing pool liner with a new one, the labor costs associated with draining the existing pool, removing the current liner, and replacing it with the new liner are around $2,500.
Recommended Reading: Pool Acid Wash Alternative
How Much Does Monthly Pool Service Cost In Phoenix Az
The average monthly pool service cost in Phoenix is $105. The average monthly pool service cost in the Phoenix and Scottsdale area range from $85 to $125 per month. According to Brians Pool Care, Average weekly pool service in Phoenix ranged from $100-$150 in 2018-2019. Bi-weekly pool service in Phoenix costs $125. Average bi-weekly pool service in Phoenix ranged from $100-$150 in 2018-2019. Monthly pool service in Phoenix costs $115.
What Is The Average Cost Of Monthly Pool Maintenance If You Hire A Company In Florida
Obviously, as with any kind of costs, they do fluctuate and will depend on the pool service business in Florida that you hire and many other factors that we will discuss in more detail later.
Generally, the cost can be anywhere between $80 to $200 a month to keep your pool in tip-top condition.
If you shop around, however, you will be able to find expert pool management companies in Florida for around $75 to $125 a month, depending on the type of pool you have and other factors.
So why would there be a price difference between $75 and $125 you might be wondering.
Lets find out what might lead to your monthly service maintenance costs being a little higher.
Also Check: Black Hose Trick For Pools
How Much Does It Cost To Maintain A Saltwater Pool
It might cost more to build a saltwater pool instead of a chlorine pool, but the maintenance and cleaning costs are lower. Below is a comparison of chlorine vs. saltwater pool maintenance costs:
- Saltwater pools: $70-$100 per year
- Chlorine pools: $300-$800 per year
Chlorine pools use chlorine to keep the water crystal clear and sanitary, and costs $300-$800 in chemicals each year. That cost is priced into pool cleaning services. Meanwhile, the chemical cost for saltwater pools is just $70-$100 annually.
With chlorine pools, the chlorine must be added, tested and balanced frequently to maintain correct levels. And weekly water checks are recommended.
Saltwater pools use chlorine to keep the water clean and clear, too but the chlorine is made by a chlorine generator instead of being added in the form of tablets. The chlorine generator passes a small electric charge through the pool water, separating water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen. Instead of adding chlorine to the pool water, you add salt, which reacts with the hydrogen to make hypochlorous acid, the disinfection agent of chlorine. Technicians also don’t have to do water testing and balancing as often.
Vinyl Underground Pool Prices
The average vinyl inground pool costs between $25,000 and $45,000, and between fiberglass, and concrete, vinyl is the most affordable option. Although the initial price is lower, the long-term cost to maintain a vinyl liner pool is $13,250 over ten years.
- Like fiberglass, vinyl pools are available in a range of predesigned shapes or as a custom solution to suit your vision.
- Its easy to clean, resistant to algae, and have a smooth finish.
- The vinyl is a liner shaped from thermoplastic or steel panels which is placed over the pool structure, and it will have either a concrete or sand floor.
- Vinyl pool liner replacement costs$3,000 to $4,000 and needs to be replaced every 10 years.
Recommended Reading: Vdara Cabanas