Inground Pool Cost And Prices
If youre considering the installation of an inground pool in Raleigh, NC, there are a few things to consider. The first how much does an inground pool cost? Inground pool prices depend on a number of factors including:
- Materials used
- Concrete, vinyl liner or fiberglass shell
- Pool heater
Installing Saltwater Pool Extras
There are many extras you can purchase to enhance your swimming experience.
- Add a Salt Water Hot Tub Installing a hot tub salt water system costs$500 to $1,700. Any hot tub can be turned into a salt water hot tub, but you can get a molded, hexagonal tub for $3,000 to $10,000. For an inground hot tub, costs can reach around $20,000.
- Handicap Pool Lift A handicap pool lift is available for in-ground pools. One version with a seat that lowers into the water costs $3,355. There are many options for handicap pool lifts, making the pool accessible to nearly every person.
- Patio or deck a concrete pool deck can cost from $3,000 to $10,000, depending on size, design, and complexity.
- Pool Enclosure can cost between $6,000 $8,000
- Pool Fence costs from $600 $4,400
- Water Features
Disadvantages Of Fiberglass Pools
- Because of transportation and the install process, it will generally not come any larger than 16 feet wide. However, being molded at the factory, it still manages to be a significant length.
- The extent of customization, as well as the range of sizes, is minimal if you choose from prefab pools in stock.
- If the backfill is not correctly packed in around the pool shell, the shell can bend, affecting plumbing pipes and drains.
Also Check: Pool Heater Chiller Combo Electric
Why Are Fiberglass Pools So Efficient
Fiberglass pools are incredibly efficient because the gelcoat layer of the pool is non-porous, preventing troublesome algae from embedding into the surface.
This equates to less chemical usage, less time maintaining the pool, and the ability to run the pump and filter in shorter cycles or at lower speeds depending on the system.
This makes for substantial energy savings.
To sum it up, you will have significantly less maintenance and repair expense with a fiberglass pool.
Couple that with the lower cost of chemicals and energy usage, and you have, far and away, the most affordable pool to own on the planet!
That’s inground swimming pool pricing in a nutshell.
Check out the other questions below to continue your journey to find the perfect pool. You can also further explore the differences between fiberglass, concrete, and vinyl liner pools.
What Is The Average Cost Of An Inground Pool In Florida
According to Reef Tropical, the pool cost in Florida averages between $35,000 and $60,000 for a basic inground concrete pool without any add-ons. With custom features, you could be looking at $80,000 to $200,000 or more. Also, going for a larger-than-average pool with a connected spa can start your pool prices at around $95,000. For a more elaborate pool with a tile surface and an attached spa, the cost for an inground pool would start at about $220,000.
Recommended Reading: Pool Pump Impeller Clogged Symptoms
Get A Fiberglass Pool Quote From A Latham Dealer
Now that you understand the average cost of a fiberglass pool, we want to help you get a custom quote so you can start planning the pool of your dreams. Take the next step in your pool-planning journey and contact a dealer to get a more detailed price quote.
If you have any other questions, request more information to receive educational resources curated by a knowledgeable Latham team member.
Vinyl Fabric Pool Enclosure Prices
A vinyl fabric pool enclosure costs $10,000 to $25,000. Similar to a wedding tent, a reinforced vinyl membrane is stretched over a rigid, interlocking, and tubular frame. These structures can withstand heavy snow and winds and are permanent, but can be relocated. Some models have lighting, central air, and insulation. The fabric is either colored, clear, or opaque.
Read Also: Hth Chlorine Tablets Costco
Plunge Pool Construction Cost
Cocktail pools or plunge pools cost between $14,500 and $25,000 to install. They are usually small at 10 x 15 20 and 5.5 to 7 deep, and pool users cant dive into them, so they are used more for entertainment purposes than serious swimming. Plunge pools are also great for quick cooling purposes and relaxing on a floatie.
Backyard Lagoon Pool Costs
A lagoon pool costs $50,000 to $150,000, or between $70 and $110 per square foot depending on the complexity in the design of your pool and the degree of landscaping you want to augment the design. Lagoon pools are perfect for homeowners looking to have something more tropical in appearance for their backyard escape.
Recommended Reading: How To Build An Inground Pool For Cheap
Inground Pool Costs By Size
Pool shoppers will always see a rather wide range of prices, particularly at the lower and upper ends of the pool-buying spectrum.
On one end, you’ve got DIYers who’d rather save money by using their existing skill sets to take on most of the project themselves.
On the other end, some folks simply must have the newest and the best stuff for their pool, no matter the cost — including all the best add-ons like those we mentioned earlier.
Of course, most pool buyers end up closer to the middle of the price range for a standard pool package with the essentials and a few key extras.
Standard vinyl liner pool packages typically include the dig, construction of pool walls and a floor, installing and connecting the pool pump and filter system, installation of the vinyl liner, and adding in other optional pool parts, like skimmers, ladders, and handrails.
Standard fiberglass pool packages typically include purchasing, delivering, and installing a fiberglass pool shell, installing and connecting pump and filter systems, any necessary gravel for backfill , however much water is needed to fill the pool, any necessary maintenance and cleaning equipment, the costs and labor involved in securing building permits, and the addition of some concrete around the pool.
Want to know how we price your pool project? Get in touch with us today and we’ll gladly walk through all the critical elements of a successful pool installation:
Costs Of Inground Swimming Pools: A Couple Things To Consider
There are two things to consider when researching the cost of inground pools:
- The initial purchase price of the pool
- The lifetime cost of ownership associated with the pool
First, let’s take a look at the initial cost of concrete, vinyl liner, and fiberglass pools to get an idea of how much to budget for each.
Keep in mind that these prices will vary greatly from region to region.
Then, we’ll look at the long-term cost associated with owning each type of pool.
You May Like: How To Get Metal Out Of Pool Water
Other Costs To Consider
No matter what type of installation you decide on, you may still have costs for a variety of other items associated with the project. Here are the rough costs for some of these:
- Automatic Pool Cover $5000 $13,000
- Heat Pump $3,500 $6,000, not including hookup
- Lights $700 $2,000
- Salt Chlorine Generator $1,000 $2,500
- Security Cover $1,300 $3,000
- Waterline/Perimeter Tile $1,500 $3,000
Other extras that are often overlooked include custom work such as pavers or sprayed finishes on your deck and accessories such as ladders, diving boards, pool vacuums and tools.
As mentioned earlier, now is not the time to go cheap, a fiberglass pool is significantly more expensive than an above ground pool. You want a quality pool with a good warranty and you want it installed properly. Sometimes it is worthwhile to pay a little more to get the job done right, but ultimately its up to you to decide how much time and energy you want to dedicate to the project. Contact Elitepools.ca for an estimate.
Cost To Put In A Saltwater Pool
Saltwater pool installation costs range from $29,000 to $57,000 when building new. When converting from a chlorine pool to saltwater, costs range from $600 to $2,200, or about $870 per 10,000 gallons to install a saltwater chlorination system, also known as a salt chlorine generator.
A saltwater pool is still a chlorine-treated pool, but the chlorine is created by turning the saltwater into the necessary amounts of chlorine through electrolysis. The benefits of a saltwater pool include not having the smell and irritation of chlorine on the skin and the lower maintenance costs of $45 per month, or $80 to $150 per month if you pay a cleaning service.
Also Check: Fill Intex Pool
Thoughts On What Does An Inground Pool Cost In Ontario
LOOKING TO INSTALL AN INGROUND POOL THIS MONTH OR NEXT MONTH. PLEASE CALL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU! WENDY 865-8555
Hi Wendy, Jennifer Gannon will respond to you with your questions related to an unground pool. Many thanks! BonaVista.
We would like to install pool in our backyard.Thanks
Hello Moshen, I will have our sales manager John Bell contact you this week to discuss your ideas and plans. Kind regards, Mary
Cost To Build A Shipping Container Pool
The cost of a shipping container pool starts at around $17,000. This does not include the water or deck you may want to include. Shipping containers can come in many sizes and have a modern sleek style, which many find attractive. They can be sunk into the ground or used as an above-ground pool with proper ladders. Depending on the shipping containers age and type, you may need to line the container to safely hold water long term. Things like chlorine or saltwater may harm the container if not lined.
Don’t Miss: Liquid Chlorine Pool Calculator
Concrete Footing For Screen Enclosure
Screen enclosures typically require an 8 by 8 concrete footing to anchor and support the weight of the enclosure properly. Installing footings costs $4 to $6 per linear foot. Small enclosures may only require a 4 nominal slab. A contractor will determine the foundation and footing requirements.
- Existing concrete pool decks often already have a footing that can support an enclosure.
- Existing paver patios require a footing to be poured under the pavers before building an enclosure.
Diy Vs Hiring Professionals
Once youve chosen the type of pool construction, youll need to consider if you want to attempt to handle the installation by yourself or hire a builder. Unless you have prior experience with pool installation, hiring a professional is always advised. It will save you money in the long run as theyll be able to handle unexpected issues as they arise.
Builders will also be able to handle:
- Pool permits, which youll need to acquire before construction can begin.
- Waste disposal, such as excess soil, shipping materials, and cut-offs .
- Rocks and other obstacles, which can add to the cost of excavation. A local builder will also be familiar with the ground quality and will be able to anticipate major issues, working them into the budget before construction starts, making your costs more transparent.
You May Like: Does Chlorine Kill Lice Eggs
Questions To Ask When Designing A Pool
Pool Water Delivery Cost
A 15,000-gallon pool will cost from $80 to $160 using your garden hose or $600 to $1,200 trucked in. While its entirely possible to fill your pool with a garden hose, it will take some time. A water tanker holds about 9,000 lbs. of water, and youll need a tanker and a half of water. It costs more to hire tankers, but it is much faster.
- City Water Having a pool can increase your water bill by about $4 to $20 per month, due to the 2 inches per week loss of water per day due to evaporation. The average price per gallon of water ranges from $0.002/gallon to $0.011/gallon .
- Well Water Well water isnt treated whereas city water is. The metals and minerals can stain your pool wall and possibly turn the water brown. You can filter the water before it goes into the pool with something like a Hayword Bobby filter on the end of your garden hose which filters out the impurities, or treat the water once its in the pool with a metal control treatment or water clarifier.
Recommended Reading: Hanby Pool
How Much Does A Fiberglass Pool Cost
Are you trying to find out how much a fiberglass pool costs in Canada?
Naturally, everyone wants to know what they are getting into when they are buying a pool. Price is a major consideration, however now is not the time to scrimp. You will be looking at your pool every day for many years to come. Focusing on a low initial price may not take quality, maintenance, warranty, and aesthetics into account and these are important considerations in your pool decision.
How much does a fiberglass pool cost? Well, like buying anything else, that depends. Are you buying the pool as a package or buying the parts individually? Are you buying a high quality fiberglass shell, or the least expensive one on the market? Lastly, are you doing the installation yourself, or do you just want to walk out your back door and sit by the pool?
The Bottom Line: When It Comes To In
An in-ground pool can be a fantastic addition to any home it can be considered an investment in the value of your home while also being a source of fun for the whole family. Before building an in-ground pool, make sure to research materials, pool size and any other factors that might impact the costs youll have to pay to build your dream pool so you can budget accordingly in advance.
For ideas to inspire the swimming pool of your dreams, check out our swimming pool design tips.
Recommended Reading: How To Remove Calcium Deposits From Pebble Tec Pool
Water Features For Vinyl Pools
Water features average $250 to $15,000, depending on the type and size. Water features, such as fountains and waterfalls, are common additions to pools. They can enhance your landscaping and make a statement with some pool designs. Water features can also be used to help circulate the water of your pool. They work like a pump and couple with your filter to help keep your water clean. This cuts down on stagnation and algae growth in the pool.
Built In Pool Location
Location can affect the price depending on several factors, such as:
- Southern or Northern State? On average, youll pay 15% to 25% more in the Northern States than places like Arizona, Texas or Florida.
- Rock or loose dirt?Excavation costs$1,500 to $5,000. Hitting rock can add another $1,200+.
- Accessibility. Hard to reach areas can add $10,000 or more to the project. If large equipment, like loaders, dump trucks and cement trucks cant access the area, it drastically increases the project time.
- Travel distance for the building crew to get to your house can add $100 or more.
- Cost of living index. Expect hourly and project rates to reflect the cost of living in your area.
- Hiring or renting equipment. If you decide on a fiberglass variety but don’t have access to your backyard, youll need to hire a crane.
Don’t Miss: Concrete Paint For Around Pools
Fencing Or Enclosing Your Pool
- Fence installation costs$13-$50 per linear foot, or a total between $1,500-$10,000.
- Gates add $200-$350 each.
How Much Does Inground Pool Resurfacing Cost
A concrete pool should last 10 to 15 years before it needs to be resurfaced, at which point you will be spending in the region of $10,000 to $13,000 depending on size and the type of finish on the pool, and potentially as much as a total of $20,000 if replacing the tile at the waterline at the same time.
Don’t Miss: Cost To Change Chlorine Pool To Saltwater
Pricing Guide: How Much Does An In
The average cost for installing an in-ground pool is $45,583, with a typical range between $32,408 to $60,873. A small, low-end in-ground pool installation project may cost as low as $21,500, while some homeowners may pay as much as $135,000 or more for a luxurious backyard oasis.
Splashing waterfalls, slippery water slides, romantic lighting lets estimate how much installing an in-ground pool is going to cost you.
Take a look at our pricing guide below to estimate your pools installation costs and long-term expenses. Many factors will affect your total costs, such as pool type, pool size, and even where you live.
Want to install a pool heater or privacy fence? You can expect a higher bill for each attractive feature you add.