Saltwater Vs Chlorine Pool Costs
No matter which pool type you have, you need to treat it regularly to prevent bacteria growth and keep it clean. The two most common methods involve creating a saltwater or chlorine pool. When building a pool from scratch, there is little difference between the two. However, saltwater pools usually have fewer chemical expenses, averaging around $70 to $100 a year, while chlorine pools have chemical costs of about $300 to $800.
Hidden Costs To Look For With A Vinyl Liner Swimming Pool
- Coping upgrade Standard vinyl liner swimming pools come with aluminum coping. If you are looking for concrete coping it will increase the price.
- Liner upgrade A standard liner is a 20 mil floor with a 20 mil wall, with a standard ink print. If you are looking for a thicker liner, pearl finish/shiny finish, or maybe a textured stair or floor, the cost is sure to increase by about 30%.
- Stair/bench/ledge upgrade Vinyl liner pool base pricing comes with plastic/fiberglass blended stairs. If you would like custom stairs, benches, or tanning ledges that are fully covered with the liner, you could see increases of $2,500.00 $8,000.00.
- Shaped Pools Typically when discussing a price for a vinyl liner pool, most contractors are referring to rectangle pools. The cost will most definitely increase if you desire a shaped pool. The more the steel or polymer wall panels must be bent, the more they cost. It also makes the installation process more difficult and laborious.
What Does An Inground Pool Project Cost
There is a lot that goes into building a project this complex, many things which you just cant see when it is completed. Every project cost is based upon its own complexities including the yard, drainage, access, wants and needs of the family and the budget.
The majority of our swimming pool projects average around $80,000 plus taxes. During the quoting process we will assess the backyard for you and price in the pool plus all of the other items that will be required for a turn key project including access, drainage, electrical, fencing, decking and more. Commonly a starting price given on the phone does not factor in any allowance for such hidden costs.
To try to give you a realistic starting point here is a R& R basic pool kit price for a common pool, a mid-size 16 x 32 Rectangle which could include:
- Medium sized pool with installation including an outside step, energy efficient variable speed pump, sand filter, Rocky blanket roller, basic automation, lighting, robot and heatpump
- A gorgeous liner of your choosing
- Safety Cover
- 3 Concrete Decking around pool
- Pool Closing
Many of our projects have a budget of $95,000+ plus HST
You May Like: Indoor Pool Tropicana Atlantic City
Inground Pool Cost Estimator
When estimating the cost to build an inground pool, the main factors are the size, materials, location, and any custom upgrades. On average, expect to spend $50 to $100 per square foot to build a standard 14 by 28 size pool, or $125 to $150 per square foot for larger pools that have 9 to 12 foot deep ends.
How Much Does Pool Renovations Cost
The low-end to the high-end cost of a swimming pool remodeling job is between $1,900 to $22,000. The typical range is between $4,822 up to $12,259. Expect to pay an average of $85 an hour for labor alone.
Again, prices can vary and will depend on the preferences of the homeowner. Sometimes, it may cost around $65 per linear foot for a simple patch job. And other times, it may cost more than $30,000 when new additions and excavations are involved.
Furthermore, complete refurbishing of an inground swimming pool can run up to $60,000.
Overview of Pool Remodeling, Repair, Refurbishing, and Costs
- Resurfacing – $4,500-$65,000+
- Water feature – $1,200 to $3,500+
- Chlorination System – $1,850+
- Pool Lights – $750 to $1,700+
- Pool Step Replacement – $750 up to $4,500+
- Re-grouting – $1,200+
- Repairing cracks or breaks – $200 per foot and up
Don’t Miss: Is The Venetian Pool Open Year Round
Swimming Pool Permit Cost
The cost of a permit for a swimming pool ranges from $200 to $300. This varies by your municipality and pool type. Your permit must be applied for with all paperwork submitted before work begins. Building regulations in your area may impact the scope. Be prepared to change things if your work lies outside local regulations or codes when you apply for the permit. Pulling a permit also means that an inspection of your pool must be undertaken before you can use it.
Hiring An Inground Pool Installer
When looking to hire a professional pool builder, create a list of the top 3 to 5 companies and schedule an on-site consultation with each. Compare the bids, services, features, and warranty from each company before making your final decision.
Get a FREE Pool Estimate
Looking for a professional pool contractor and want to get a pool estimate? Fill out the form below. Pool Contractor is affiliated with over 25,000 pool builders and pool service companies around the country. Get a free quote on building a new pool, remodeling an existing one, or servicing your pool now.
Also Check: Pristine Blue Dealers
Vinyl Fibreglass Or Concrete: Which Is The Best Option
Most pool shoppers start with choosing from among the three most common pool materials: vinyl, fibreglass and concrete . Each type has pros and cons in terms of cost, construction, and seasonal or long-term maintenance fees, which can also vary depending on frequency of pool use, quality of upkeep, and the quality of the pump, filtration and sanitation systems. Here are some average price ranges to help you make that initial decision:
Takes the longest time to build
The Process Of Building An Inground Pool Requires Numerous Steps Here At Parrot Bay Pools We Understand How To Make Pool Installation A Smooth Process
We have helped thousands of customers go through the process and know everyone is different. In addition, customer satisfaction has always been one of our top priorities. We take pride in our inground pools, which are made with quality materials by our professionals. We service areas across North Carolina including Raleigh, Benson, Fayetteville, and more.
To get started, head over to our Select Your Pool Package page and choose the pool and features that are right for you. Then schedule a consultation with one of our Sales Reps to complete your purchase and schedule your installation.
Read Also: Lowering Cya In Pool
Things That Might Raise The Price Of An Inground Pool
Heres a more detailed rundown of the things that determine the final cost of installing an inground pool.
Size. No surprise here, but the size of the pool is a major factor in determining how much it costs. This includes both the perimeter measurements of the pool and its depth. Smaller, shallower pools are cheaper than larger, deeper ones.
Your area. Generally, the higher the cost of living in your area, the more you will have to pay for pool installation. Also, some areas have more stringent pool safety laws, requiring add-ons and modifications that further increase the cost of a pool.
Customizations. There are myriad ways to customize an inground pool: freeform shapes, beach entries, grottos, vanishing edges, etc. These sorts of customizations can easily drive the price of a pool past the $100,000 mark.
D.I.Y. If you can do some of the work yourself, that can shave a significant amount off the price. Many companies actually sell inground pool kits that provide you with all the material you need. However, if youre not up to doing everything, look for a contractor who will work with you .
Hidden Costs To Look Out For With A Gunite Pool
- Surface Upgrades It is typical to have a basic exposed aggregate finish to a gunite pool. Beware that full tile inlay, glass bead-infused aggregate, or mother of pearl infused aggregate may be significant upgrades.
- Weekly Maintenance A gunite pool is the most difficult style of pool to maintain due to the surface harboring algae, potential staining or scaling. Water chemistry must be watched very closely and taken very seriously. You may have to consider paying a professional pool company to service the pool.
- Surface Maintenance Acid washing is a common practice for maintaining the surface and scale prevention. This may have to be done every three to five years.
Don’t Miss: How To Repair Cracks In Concrete Pool Deck
Cost Of Pool Installation Across The Us
The swimming pool costs weve listed in this pricing guide are all national averages.
Remember that many factors will affect your in-ground pool installations total cost, including where you live. Prices may differ on a local scale. For instance, if you live in a hilly area or rocky soil is expected in your region, you may pay additional excavation and sloping costs.
If you live in a northern state, you can expect to pay around 20% more for pool installation than a homeowner living in a southern state.
Fiberglass Pool Shell Prices
The average cost of a fiberglass pool shell is $13,000 for a 14×28 pool but can range from $9,000 to $24,000 depending on the size, and delivery costs between $600 and $2,500.
Fiberglass Pool Shell Prices
|Large 35 or more||$16,000 $24,000|
After the cost for the fiberglass shell, youll need to pay for the excavated hole it will be dropped into, along with your backfill, plumbing fittings and pipes, and pool pump.
This cost also covers the depth of the pool at an average of 5.5 to 6.5 deep, but doesnt account for any of the additional aspects most homeowners enjoy adding to their inground pools, such as decking and lighting. Dont forget the cost of filling the pool with water as well.
You May Like: Does Target Sell Pools
Pricing Guide: How Much Does An In
The average cost for installing an in-ground pool is $45,583, with a typical range between $32,408 to $60,873. A small, low-end in-ground pool installation project may cost as low as $21,500, while some homeowners may pay as much as $135,000 or more for a luxurious backyard oasis.
Splashing waterfalls, slippery water slides, romantic lighting lets estimate how much installing an in-ground pool is going to cost you.
Take a look at our pricing guide below to estimate your pools installation costs and long-term expenses. Many factors will affect your total costs, such as pool type, pool size, and even where you live.
Want to install a pool heater or privacy fence? You can expect a higher bill for each attractive feature you add.
Next Step Of Your Pool Buying Journey
Now that your swimming pool journey has officially begun, I hope this article has given you a good idea of what to expect when it comes to the cost of an inground swimming pool in an honest and transparent way! We always suggest as a next step to our clients to start researching financing options to gather a proper budget and to invest some time in learning about the three types of inground swimming pools. Be sure to find the right pool that fits you, your family, and your budget! Feel free to drop a message below in the comments section to let us know what you thought or if I havent covered an issue related to cost that you would like addressed!
Recommended Reading: Pool Chiller Heater Combo
Whats The Best Way To Find Your Perfect Swimming Pool
We know that getting a handle on the cost of an inground swimming pool might seem like a daunting task. But in reality, while there is a lot to consider, it doesnt have to be as intimidating as it might seem. We recommend you start by checking out our pool styles and determining the designs that you like best. Consider the size of your backyard, what features appeal to you , and the color you want to incorporate. When you look to your backyard, we want you to smile and be happy with the way it looks. It should be a place where the entire family enjoys spending time and that your friends and relatives enjoy visiting.
Once you have an idea of the type of pool that you like, we suggest picking up the phone and dialing 85-SPLASH and punching in your zip code when prompted. You will be directed to your local dealer, who can talk with you about your ideas and provide you with additional guidance. When you are ready, your dealer will then provide you with a free estimate and production schedule to get your new pool in the ground and you and your family swimming.
The other option would be to contact us and submit your inquiry to us. This will be forwarded to your local dealer who will then reach out to you to discuss your project.
How Much Does It Cost To Open Or Close A Pool
The average costs to open a pool is around $400, and for pool closing expect to spend $300. These services include taking the cover off, cleaning the water of any debris, checking for leaks, and getting the chemicals to the right balance. At the end of the season, they can also take the water level down, drain pumps and the filter system, and place the cover to protect the pool for the winter.
You May Like: Landscaping Around Pool Equipment
Cost To Build A Shipping Container Pool
The cost of a shipping container pool starts at around $17,000. This does not include the water or deck you may want to include. Shipping containers can come in many sizes and have a modern sleek style, which many find attractive. They can be sunk into the ground or used as an above-ground pool with proper ladders. Depending on the shipping containers age and type, you may need to line the container to safely hold water long term. Things like chlorine or saltwater may harm the container if not lined.
Consider A Smaller Pool
Smaller pools also serve as excellent sources of aesthetics and functionality. So, consider building a small inground pool if you have a limited budget.
The cost to build an inground pool varies based on various factors. But averagely, building an inground pool costs approximately $20,000 to $65,000. If you plan to build an inground pool, always take time to analyze all the costs involved. This way, youll be able to cut down the costs.
You May Like: Natural Gas Pool Heater Sizing
How Size And Materials Impact Pool Cost
Per square foot, expect a rate of approximately $50 to $125 . Typically a fiberglass pool will cost between $18,000 and $40,000 to install. Concrete should be in the $29,000 to $60,000 range. If you go with a vinyl pool, expect an installation project cost of $25,000 to $45,000.
Average inground pool prices for each of those materials are as follows for various standard sizes:
- 10 x 20: concrete $30,000 fiberglass $27,000 vinyl $22,000
- 10 x 30: concrete $43,000 fiberglass $39,000 vinyl $31,000
- 12 x 20: concrete $35,000 fiberglass $32,000 vinyl $25,500
- 12 x 24: concrete $41,000 fiberglass $37,500 vinyl $30,000
- 12 x 30: concrete $50,500 fiberglass $46,000 vinyl $35,500
- 14 x 28: concrete $54,500 fiberglass $49,500 vinyl $39,500
- 15 x 30: concrete $66,500 fiberglass $60,500 vinyl $48,500
- 16 x 32: concrete $74,500 fiberglass $67,500 vinyl $54,500
- 18 x 36: concrete $92,000 fiberglass $83,500 vinyl $66,500
- 20 x 40: concrete $124,000 fiberglass $113,500 vinyl $92,500
- 25 x 45: concrete $188,000 fiberglass $173,500 vinyl $144,000
- 30 x 50: concrete $237,000 fiberglass $217,500 vinyl $178,500
It will usually add about $2000 to your project cost to choose a saltwater pool.
You May Like: How To Clean Pool Tile Harbor Freight
Advantages Of Fiberglass Pools
- Fiberglass pools are around 20 percent cheaper than concrete pools and low-maintenance.
- Fiberglass shells can be designed and created in any shape or size you want.
- The fiberglass shell comes delivered as a single unit that will be dropped into the space dug out for it.
- The time from ordering to swimming is much shorter than that of a traditional pool install. In some cases, this could be less than a week, including digging out the ground and the electrical work.
- Because of the gelcoat finish, not only will it last until your kids have left the house, but it needs almost zero maintenance, looks lovely, and has a really smooth surface. Youll never need to replace a liner or resurface it. Its the best type to stand up to dogs nails too.
- The smooth surface is super resistant to algae and requires low-maintenance of pH levels. Its also smooth underfoot rather than abrasive.
- You can use fiberglass pools with salt-purification systems to create a saltwater pool.
- Maintenance costs are very low$4,000 versus $27,400 for a concrete pool over a 10-year period.
Read Also: How To Hide Pool Pump
Why Are Fiberglass Pools So Durable
Modern fiberglass pools are so durable because of the scientific developments in the pool’s gelcoat layer that have occurred over the past decade.
The gelcoat layer is the part of the pool we see and touch.
Modern gelcoats will last , or possibly even a lifetime. This eliminates the need for costly refinishing.
In contrast, concrete pools will require expensive resurfacing every 10 to 15 years, on average.
And you can plan on replacing the liner in a vinyl pool every 5 to 9 years, on average, at a very high cost.